We at Rothrock Library are happy to help you with your questions about research and citation! You can:
- Stop by the library
- Give us a call: 610-799-1150
- Email us through Ask a Librarian
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 AM to 9:45 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 8 AM to 1 PM
Saturday Hours are for Fall and Spring semesters only.
At “Ask the MLA,” on the MLA website, experts answer questions about tricky situations in MLA style. The resource can be found here. Below are a few selected links for questions that have also come up at the reference desk:
1. How do I cite an image from Google Images? Select “view page” to see the webpage where Google found the image, and cite that.
2. Do I need to put the date I accessed a website? Usually no.
3. Should URLs in a works cited entry be active/clickable links or not? Per MLA, either way is fine. Your instructor may have a preference.
5. Does my works cited entry include the name of the library that has the work, subscribes to the database, etc? Usually no—the MLA’s answer discusses some exceptions.
6. How do I cite a Powerpoint slide? Similarly to a web page.
If you have a question that you'd like us to answer here in the FAQ, please enter it in the "other comments" box below. For a quick, personalzied answer, stop by the library or give us a call at (610) 799-1150.