Whether you are enrolled as a full-time student or a part-time student, take note to the following guidelines:
Be aware of prerequisites:
- SOC 150 is a prerequiste for SOC 251
- COMPASS test scores in math will determine if any prerequisites must be fulfilled to take MAT 150: MAT 098, 099, 100, 105
- COMPASS test scores in English and reading will determine if any prerequisites must be fulfilled to take ENG 105: ENG 099, ENG 100, RSS 099, RSS 100
Be aware of elective course offerings:
- SOC 251 Offered as evening class face to face in Fall semester. Offered only as an online course in spring semester
- SOC 253 Offered as face to face class in spring semester. Offered only as an online course in the fall semester.
- SOC 258 Offered as a face to face class in spring semester. Offered only as online course in the fall semester.
Identify the senior transfer college
- Students should consult the catalog of the four-year college or university to which he or she plans to transfer and consult with the intitutions' Social Work department to ensure that electives of the dgree requirements are properly met.
APA Writing Style
New course begining Fall 2014:
1 Credit Course
Writing in APA Style
Course Description: This course offers information about wirting in APA style. The basic components of a research paper are reviewed. Students learn how to cite in-text and in a reference list and how to format a paper in APA style, including figures and tables. Issues relating to writing style in APA are also be discussed.