The Reminders page on the ADN 205 tab is probably sufficient for your needs. The Books, DVDs, & More document on this page is an older handout that goes into more detail.
Transcultural Nursing Assignment Research in LCCC's Library
- Click on LCCC Library Catalog
- Click on Subject
2. SUGGESTED SEARCH TERMS
- Enter your term: transcultural nursing
- Alternate term: transcultural medical care
- Submit search.
- Click on blue titles and subjects.
- Note the Location, Call Number, and Status of your item.
- Note your book's country of publication.
- The catalog will indicate that some of the transcultural nursing materials are ON RESERVE on the upper level of the library.
4. NEED MORE?
When you locate your item on the shelf, check the items to its left and right for related items.
When you find a good book, look at the Reference list at the end for additional suitable resources.
- If you cannot find adequate books and articles in LCCC’s library, additional resources can be requested from other libraries. Search other libraries' collections and the WorldCat database for books and other items that you can request through interlibrary loan. Submit an interlibrary loan form from the library’s home page or consult with a librarian.
Find a book with general information on transcultural nursing or health care for diverse populations and look in the table of contents and index for your specific culture.
Journal of Transcultural Nursing
- The library subscribes to the Journal of Transcultural Nursing in paper and electronic formats.
Periodical Articles in Health Source: Nursing and ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source
· Click on Articles & More
· Click on Health Source: Nursing. (Alternatively, click on ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source.)
· Click on Advanced Search (blue in Health Source: Nursing; green in ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source).
· Enter your search terms.
2. SUGGESTED SEARCH TERMS (Enter your search terms exactly this way):
· 1st line:
· 2nd line:
(pregnancy or prenatal or fetal or childbirth or birth or labor or delivery or obstetric* or postpartum or perinatal)
· Consider adding limits, such as dates or full-text only.
· Submit search.
· Click on PDF Full Text or HTML Full Text or similar labels for each article.
· The LCCC library subscribes to the Journal of Transcultural Nursing.
· Use lower case letters for your search terms.
4. ALTERNATE SEARCH TERMS:
· Next, search for your culture and the pregnancy-related terms, but without transcultural nursing. For example:
(chinese) and (pregnancy or prenatal or fetal or childbirth or birth or labor or delivery or obstetric* or postpartum or perinatal)
· Consider substituting related terms: Eastern Europe, Eastern European, Catholic, Catholicism,
5. NEED MORE?
· While you are searching the databases, look in the abstracts and titles of the resulting documents for related terms. Also look near the top of the database screen for suggested topics. Search again using these terms or topics.
· Page through the Journal of Transcultural Nursing in the library's collection of periodicals in paper format (upper level) or online.
· If you cannot find adequate articles in LCCC’s databases and paper format periodicals, additional resources can be requested from other libraries. Submit an interlibrary loan form from the library’s home page or consult with a librarian.
· When you find a good article, look at the Reference list at the end for additional suitable resources.
lccc library, b.balas, 08-30-11