An eBook is an electronic version of a print book. It can be read on your computer.
In this demonstration, we'll look for an eBook about the effect of television on children.
1. Click on Library Home Page and then click Start Your Research.
2. Enter your search terms in the Encore search box: television and children
3. Click on Find It.
4. In your list of results, eBooks have a red icon next to their title.
5. When your results are on the screen, you can limit them to eBooks by clicking on EBOOK in the options on the left hand side of the page.
6. In the list of results, find the title: Children, Media and Culture, an electronic resource authored by Maire Messenger Davies. Click on its title to learn more about it: its place of publication, publisher, copyright date, number of pages, and Library of Congress subject terms.
7. To read this book, click on "Connect to the full-text of this eBook online."
8. If you are not using an LCCC computer, you may have to enter your Banner ID.
the triangle to click to expand a chapter or index
- arrows to move to the next or previous page
- the Search tab where you can search the entire book for a term of your choice
- the Info tab with instructions
- "[electronic resource]" is not part of the title - Do not include this when writing the title.