An eBook is a book that you can read on your computer. Rothrock Library has hundreds of eBooks in its collection.
Here we'll look for an eBook about the effect of television on children.
1. Go to myLCCC, click on Check Library Account, click on LIBRARY HOME, and click on Start Your Research Here or
go to http://www.lccc.edu/library and click on Start Your Research Here.
2. In the Encore search box, enter your search terms: television and children
3. Click on the arrow.
4. In your list of results in Encore, eBooks have a red icon (symbol) next to their titles.
5. You can limit your results to eBooks by clicking on EBOOK or Electronic Books whenever these appear in the Format or Collection boxes on the left.
6. In the list of results, find the title: Parental Control of Television Broadcasting, edited by Monroe E. Price and Stefaan G. Verhulst. Click on its title to learn more about it: its place of publication, publisher, copyright date, number of pages, and main subject.
7. To read this book, click on "Connect to this electronic book provided through the Access Pennsylvania Database project."
8. Next, click on "View this eBook."
9. If you aren't using an LCCC computer, at this point you'll have to enter your Banner ID (that's your student ID# that begins with an L).
- the Table of Contents on the left
- the "+" where you can click to expand a chapter or the index
- the Search tab (above the Table of Contents), where you can search the entire book for a word or phrase
- the options in the right corner that let you move to the next page, the previous page, or a specific page number