Finding Articles...and Books - Summary
Finding Articles…and Books
If the article you seek is not available from your online database:
- At the library's web site, click on START YOUR RESEARCH HERE and then on Full-Text Periodicals: E & Print. This will point you to other databases such as EBSCO, LexisNexis, and ProQuest if the periodical is available in another online database. It will also indicate if the library has a print copy in its holdings.
- If your book or article is in Rothrock Library in Schnecksville and you are at the Carbon, Donley, or Morgan Center, you can request the item to be sent to your center's front office.
- Check the publisher's web site.
- Look for a substitute article.
- Go to the library's web site for an Interlibrary Loan form to request a copy of the article from another library.
- If you are willing to travel for a photocopy of an article, look in the collections of local libraries. Go to their web sites or to http://www.lccc.edu/library, START YOUR RESEARCH HERE, Other Libraries (WorldCat).