Not sure how to create hanging indents for your Works Cited page? Try the following links:
- Microsoft Word: easiest method, works for MS Word versions 2013 and later.
- Microsoft Word: this method has more steps, but works in older versions of MS Word.
- Google Docs: even more steps, this method works in Google Docs as well as any version of Word.
If you use a different program to type your paper, try a Google search for the phrase "hanging indent" plus the name of the software.
MLA Formatting Examples
In addition to citation, MLA style also includes guidelines for how a research paper should look.
- Check out this page at MLA's Style Central for the basics on margins, headers, page numbers, and more.
- Click here to see an annotated sample paper at the Purdue OWL.
We at Rothrock Library are happy to help you with your questions about research and citation! You can:
- Stop by the library
- Give us a call: 610-799-1150
- Email us through Ask a Librarian
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 AM to 9:45 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM to 5 PM
Saturday: 8 AM to 1 PM
Saturday Hours are for Fall and Spring semesters only.